Here in Minnesota, winter is never the preferred season for a wedding. While it does create the possible travel challenge due to inclement weather, in general winter can still be the perfect time for a wedding! Why do we like winter weddings? There are several reasons, and we’ve included a few here for you. Be sure to click on the link at the bottom to visit our Pinterest Board with tons of winter wedding ideas!!
- The Photographs. Couples tend to think the summer sunshine and greenery make the best photos. But, have you seen photos from a winter wedding with a fresh snowfall, or if you’re lucky enough, snowflakes falling the day of your wedding!? Absolutely breathtaking.
- The Color Schemes. There are endless options for a color scheme with a winter wedding. Sure, some are more common than others… white, silver, gold, bluish silver, etc… No matter what you choose, it works with the season.
- Food & Beverage Trends. With a winter wedding, don’t shy away from the trends of the season. Set up a Hot Chocolate or Apple Cider Bar to warm up your guests. Do a “Hot Toddy” as your signature cocktail. Have a “Build Your Own S’More” Station to warm up your guests.
- Available Discounts. When you’re planning an off season wedding (at our venue, we consider this November – March), you typically save some $$! Here the discounts will vary based on date, but other vendors such as photographers, DJs, and more will tend to offer lower rates in the winter season as well.
- Slower Time of Year. Unless you’re planning right around the holidays, typically winter weddings are in a time where your guests have less going on. Since it’s not the most popular time of year for a wedding, yours might be the only one they go to in a few months – so there’s more excitement! Sometimes with summer weddings, there are so many in one season… break it up a bit and give them something to celebrate during the quieter time of year!
Visit our Pinterest Board for some great ideas when planning your winter wedding.